Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Daily Fantasy Basketball October 28th Picks


October 28th Picks

The NBA season kicks off the tonight with 3 games, so there are a limited amount of players to choose from.  I actually like this and usually make multiple lineups and play tournaments on short slates.  Since it's the first games we don't have much data, so I'm going to be looking at match ups and minutes expected.  You don't get fantasy points on the bench.  Since it is only 3 games today we have to spend on some big names, which means we will need to find some value plays.  Value plays are what wins tournaments, so focus on these guys.

Point Guard - Jeremy Lin
I'm going cheap with my point guards tonight because I think the cheap guys will put up similar numbers as the more expensive guys.  I like Lin because he's cheap on Fanduel, and I think he'll have to score some for this depleted Lakers team.  Tony Parker will probably score more fantasy points, so if you want to spend at PG go with him. 

Point Guard - Elfrid Payton
It really pains me to pick a rookie that hasn't played a regular season game yet, but he is cheap and he's going to get a lot minutes regardless of the score.  I hope he can score better than he has in the preseason, but he should rack up some assists and steals.

Consider - Tony Parker

Shooting Guard - James Harden
Most expensive player on DraftKings and 2nd most expensive on Fanduel, but well worth it.  With the short slate of games tonight you just can't afford not to pick Harden.  He's going to shoot a lot and even on a bad night he gets to the line more than anyone.

Shooting Guard - Kobe Bryant
More games down the road we might worry about how Kobe's body handles playing heavy minutes, but in the season opener I expect him to be ready to go.  The Lakers already have a bunch of injuries and Kobe might put up 30 shots tonight.  It also looks like Ronnie Price won't play tonight, so Kobe may see some PG action as well.  I see at least 6 assists if Price is out.

I think shooting guard is the place to spend tonight, as I just don't see great alternatives.  New Orleans has so much depth, that I'm hesitant to use Tyreke Evans and Eric Gordon.  However consider Evans for a tournament play as he could mess around and get a triple double.

Small Forward - Wesley Johnson
This guy has great upside with Laker depth situation.  He and Kobe will be taking the bulk of the shots and he is cheap on most sites.  He's also good to get some defensive stats as well. 

Small Forward - Kostas Papanikolaou
This is my value play of the day so I can fit my expensive guys in.  He's seen heavy minutes in the preseason so far, and even though he hasn't shot great, he has grabbed rebounds and gotten a few assists.  He'll be out there with the second team, so he should get some scoring chances as well, and this game could be a blow, which will get him even more minutes.  Risky pick, but I think he gets some points. 

Power Forward - Jordan Hill (DraftKings)
I am pleasantly surprised to see Jordan Hill available at PF on DraftKings.  He is cheap and has huge rebounding potential.  He probably won't score too much against Dwight but the Lakers don't have any depth at the big man position, so he will see a lot of minutes.

Power Forward - Tim Duncan
The old man seems like he will continue to put up consistent stats when he's out there and with Splitter and Leonard out tonight, I expect at least 12 rebounds and a few extra minutes.

Power Forward - Anthony Davis
This is for Fanduel only for me, because I can't afford him on DraftKings.  Like Harden, he is pretty much guaranteed to do lots of good things, and if you can afford him you can't go wrong.

Strongly Consider - Terrance Jones and Boris Diaw

Center - Dwight Howard
There will an abundance of rebounds against the Lakers tonight, as I don't expect much of a paint presence from them.  I think Dwight has a huge game as long as it doesn't get out of hand too early.  Expect an easy double double from this guy.

Center - Jordan Hill (Fanduel)
On Fanduel, you're sacrificing Dwight for Anthony Davis.  Either way, Jordan Hill is cheap and I want him in my line up tonight.   

No comments:

Post a Comment